Welcome to Strathmore Surgery Online
At Strathmore surgery in Blairgowrie the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
NHS Tayside working with you for better health and better care - visit NHS Tayside website
Online Appointments now available to book
If you have signed up for Online Services you will now be able to book a routine 10 minute GP appointment and also a routine 10 minute blood appointment with the nurse online. The number of slots available to book will increase as more people sign up for the service. You can use the link below to sign in to online services.
Online Services Log in
If you have not already registered for this service please see the section at the bottom of this page for further details.
How we use your Medical Records
• This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
• We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
• In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
• We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
• You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
• You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
• You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
• You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
• For more information ask at reception for a leaflet OR click on this link Data Protection Notice
Services available at Davidson's and Boots the Chemist
Did you know that our local pharmacies offer many services to patients which previously required a doctor or nurse appointment.
Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection, Emergency Hormonal Contraception, Smoking Cessation, Flu Vaccinations, Minor Ailment Scheme
Please ask at the chemist for full details and exclusions.
New Online Services
From January 2019 patients will be able to register for our new online services.
This service will allow you to:
• Order your repeat and acute prescriptions by linking directly into your clinical record making it easy to chose the correct medication and dose
• View a summary of your medication history and allergies
• View appointments that you have booked with the doctor or nurse
• Book and cancel appointments online - now live
Please ask at reception for an application form or download here Online Services Application Form
You will need to bring along two forms of identification along with your registration form to register for this service, one being picture ID i.e. passport, drivers license or bus pass and a recent utility bill with your name and address on it. Once we get your information entered into the system, you will be sent an email or given a letter with the information codes that you require to set up your account. You are allowed 28 days to set your account up, if you should be out with these days, come back to reception and the receptionist will reset your account.
This service will replace the current system of ordering prescriptions via our website which will cease to be available in July 2019.
Please note this service is only for patients aged over 16 years.
Please can we remind patients that we require 48 hrs notice when requesting repeat prescriptions. This does not include weekends as the surgery is shut. A prescription requested on a Friday or Saturday will not be actioned by the surgery until Monday and may not be ready for collection/sent to chemist until the Tuesday.
If you are going on holiday and need your medication early or need an extra supply please let us know at the time of ordering.
If you are a new patient registering with the practice and need to order your medication, you will need to provide us with an up to date list of all your medication including strength and dose and give as at least 48 hours to issue your prescription. You may need to contact your previous GP to check all the medication you are being prescribed.
Please make sure that your pick up point is correct before submitting your repeat prescription request.
(Site updated 14/05/2019)