Welcome to Strathmore Surgery Online
At Strathmore surgery in Blairgowrie the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
NHS Tayside working with you for better health and better care - visit NHS Tayside website
How we use your Medical Records
• This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
• We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
• In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
• We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
• You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
• You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
• You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
• You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
• For more information ask at reception for a leaflet OR click on this link Data Protection Notice
Services available at Davidson's and Boots the Chemist
Did you know that our local pharmacies offer many services to patients which previously required a doctor or nurse appointment.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)- they can supply trimethoprim for the treatment of women with uncomplicated UTI.
Emergency Hormonal Contraception - where clinically indicated following pharmacist consultation. Patient must be over 13 years of age.
Smoking Cessation - provision of patient centered behavioural support along with pharmacist prescribed varenicline (only if over 18) or nicotine replacement therapy.
Flu Vaccinations - for patients who do not qualify for influenza vaccinations under the NHS and also for people who are immunised under the NHS and local authority occupational health scheme.
Minor Ailment Scheme (MAS) - for minor ailments which require little or no medical intervention and can be managed by self care and the prescribing of products under MAS that are available from community pharmacy. Eligible patients must register with the pharmacy to use this service.
Please ask at the chemist for full details and exclusions.
Please can we remind patients that we require 48 hrs notice when requesting repeat prescriptions. This does not include weekends as the surgery is shut. A prescription requested on a Friday or Saturday will not be actioned by the surgery until Monday and may not be ready for collection/sent to chemist until the Tuesday.
If you are a new patient registering with the practice and need to order your medication, you will need to provide us with an up to date list of all your medication including strength and dose and give as at least 48 hours to issue your prescription. You may need to contact your previous GP to check all the medication you are being prescribed.
Please make sure that your pick up point is correct before submitting your repeat prescription request.
(Site updated 27/08/2018)